SideFire Calf Strap for Ankle Deputy - Left Handed
- Left Handed (for right hand click here)
- Holds ankle holster at fixed height on your leg
- Ergonomically shaped to fit calf
- Breathable padded fabric for comfort
- Serge stitched edges are strong but soft
- Buckle design for comfort and security
- Includes cinch strap to tighten holster to leg
Pictures of Calf Strap
The Ankle Deputy TM Calf Strap
The left handed Calf Strap is the same as the right handed Calf Strap but additionally includes an extender that allows left handed users to comfortably rotate the Calf Strap 180 degrees to the opposite side of their leg for left handed use
The SideFire Calf Strap for the Ankle Deputy is ergonomically shaped to fit your upper calf. The strap has medical grade padded laminated fabric on the inside for breathable comfort. The edges are stitched together using a serged stitch to make the edges strong yet soft. The function of the Calf Strap is to hold an ankle holster at a fixed height on your leg.
The SideFire Calf Strap does not rely on stretch fabric to hold it in place. Stretch fabric style calf straps must be cinched very tight, which is uncomfortable and cuts off circulation to your lower leg. SideFire's Calf Strap does not stretch, but instead goes through a buckle and velcros back to itself, allowing you to tighten the Calf Strap without cutting circulation. The downstrap connection area is made larger to comfortably support the load from the ankle holster and gun.
Some holsters makers are using a shoe insert to support their ankle holster. We've heard from customers that this shoe insert is not comfortable. These customers prefer the Ankle Deputy's padded calf strap system since the calf strap is better at distributing the weight of the gun and doesn't have the uncomfortable feeling of something in your shoe.
The SideFire Calf Strap will fit about 98% of people out of the box. If you have extra large lower calves, contact us and we can include a free extender.
Do I Need a Calf Strap?
- Shape of your lower calf. Everybody's lower calf is shaped differently. If you have skinny calves, or if you have big calves but small ankles, then you would benefit from the Calf Strap. On the other hand, if you have a large ankle bone, then it is less likely you'll need the calf strap since your ankle bone will support the ankle holster.
- Do you have a small, lightweight gun like a Ruger LCP or S&W Bodyguard? If so, you probably won't need the Calf Strap unless you have skinny calves, or big calves and small ankles. About 20% of customers with small, light guns also buy a Calf Strap. If you are unsure, you can buy the holster now and come back later and buy the Calf Strap if you decide you need it.
- Do you have a medium weight gun like a S&W Shield or Sig P938? About 35% of these customers buy the Calf Strap.
- Do you have a heavy gun like a Springfield XD, or the all metal Bersa Thunder 380? About 75% of these customers buy the Calf Strap. For large, heavy guns we recommend buying the Calf Strap at the same time you buy the holster. For heavy guns the extra support of the Calf Strap makes a big difference.
The SideFire Calf Strap also comes with a Cinch Strap included for free.
Pictures of Calf Strap and Cinch Strap
For a right handed Calf Strap Click here